Saturday, March 6, 2010

What a busy week it has been. About Wednesday I was able to finally get back into the swing of things at work and work somewhat at full speed. I found out two very sad pieces of news this week. My friend Shannon's little boy Kaden has relapsed and he now has a second tumor in his brain. He is the little boy that has the same type of cancer that Cash had. Also, this week I finally got caught up on some Caring Bridge sites and our dear friend Sicily has also relapsed. My heart is absolutley breaking for these two children. It just infuriates me that children are dying from this disease. How does this happen? I don't understand why this is happening and why there isn't more research done for pediatric cancer. Well, I know why, because there isn't any money for pediatric cancer research. OMG, come on! WHY,WHY,WHY! OK enough for my rant.
I can't really tell if I am having a hard time with this or not. I am really avoiding looking at Cash's pictures, so I don't know if that is normal or not. We are staying super busy and we haven't really been home a lot, so I think that is helping with some things. I know we can't do this forever, because I will tell you by Thursday night, I was pretty worn out. Today we are going to a woman's 6 on 6 basketball tournament the women of Major County have organized to help raise money for us for Cash' medical expenses. Yesterday I found it bizarre that I recieved sympathy cards in the mail and bills from OU. I don't know why I thought it was weird. I mean the bills aren't going to stop just because Cash isn't here anymore. I dreamt all night about bills coming in. Of course when I get medical bills in I analyze them against the insurance company's EOB and make sure the insurance company paid correctly and the billing department has billed me correctly. So all night in my dreams I was analyzing Cash's medical bills. UGH.
Last night we went to Cafe Bahnoff in Waynoka to eat German food for Jason's birthday. We had a great time!!!! The food was wonderful, the beer was great and the company was fantastic. Because Jason and I haven't been able to spend any time together just the two of us for the past 7 months, we have taken advantage of little times when we can. Last Saturday we had Jason's mom watch Haylie so we could go out and eat and then go get groceries. Doesn't sound like much of a date night to some people, but for us it was great. For the last 7 months all of my energy has gone to taking care of Cash and making sure Haylie's life was somewhat normal. When this happens something gets left out! I have to tell you I can't remember the last time we went out to eat and it was just the two of us. I really enjoyed it.
Well, that's all for right now, I have to get the princess a bath and get ready to head to Fairview to watch some basketball.
Keep praying !

1 comment:

  1. Stacie, I think it is perfectly normal not wanting to look at Cash's pictures right now. Shane has always said he would be like that. It is perfectly normal!

    Glad you are getting to spend some time with just going out to eat and grocery shop. Sometimes days like that are the best!

    ReplyDelete