Monday, December 13, 2010

Hugs

I have been thinking about this post a lot lately. Actually for about 3 weeks. I have been waiting to post it, wondering if I even should but it has been on my mind almost daily. So you know, I have to share.

The Bible gives us a vision, the best that human writers can do, of what Heaven looks like. "In my Father's house, there are many mansions", "streets of gold", etc. So in our feeble, little human minds, we have a picture of what we think Heaven might look like (I say feeble and little with the utmost respect, but we cannot even fathom the greatness of Heaven) I have a vision of Cash's Heaven. In his Heaven, there is green grass with a swing set (specifically asked for by his sister), and I have pictured him several times, running into Jesus' arms upon his arrival home. I guess that's what made me start wondering this question. What do you think Heaven feels like?

Have you ever wondered that? I haven't. Not until I pictured Cash getting a hug from Jesus. What a wonderful hug that must be. My Grandma Patton gave the best hugs in the world. I used to tell people when she would hug me, it wouldn't be with just her arms, it would be with her whole body and it would be nothing but pure love in that hug. I miss my Grandma's hugs. I started thinking about my favorite feelings. Warm (not hot) sunny days, the feeling of Haylie snuggling with me, my husbands big arms holding me close, hopping in the farm truck with my dad (yes, it does have a feel), laughing with my sister, my mom - just all of my mom, that comforting feel from her. I would think that Heaven would feel like all of the best things ever. Think about that for a minute. All of the best feelings you have ever felt, in the most beautiful place you can't even imagine. How awesome is that. I haven't study it yet, but so far, I haven't found a place in the Bible that says what Heaven feels like. I know in Revelation it says there is no more pain and no more tears (Jeremy Camp did a song on this, one of my favorites), but I guess there was no way to put it in words when the words of the Bible were written. Thinking on this, there may not be a way it could ever be explained, it would have to be experienced. After experiencing what I think Heaven would feel like, how could you ever be satisfied here?

This question in my mind has caused me to do a lot of thinking on feelings. There is a quote that says "People won't remember what you said, or what you did, but they will remember how you made them feel". I question how I make people feel. I am starting to hold myself accountable on how I speak and the words I use. I guess the filter is fitting a little better and more secure.

Just a little of my thoughts for your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment